Home Johns Creek Q & A Classified Ads

Community Q & A

We have received a number of questions from the community related to the formation of our new city. If you have questions, send us an email and we will see what we can find out.

  • Q: Is there any geographic significance to the City Council posts?

    A: "Unfortunately, our posts have no geographic significance. Originally our bill called for Districts which would have divided up our city into 6 equal geographic regions. This concept was dropped when the referrendum vote was split to allow the citizens residing in Newtown to have thier own referrendum vote this past July. I still believe that Districts is the best way to elect our City Council members and vow to continue to pursue thier reinstatement at some later date."

    - Mike Bodker, Johns Creek Mayor

  • Q: Will my address change to Johns Creek from Duluth, Alpharetta or Suwanee?

    A: The answer is up to the United States Postal Service and no decision has been made as of October 11, 2006. Here's a link to more information:

    AJC: Let Johns Creek have its own address?

  • Q: Do I need a business license or alcohol license in Johns Creek? Where do I go for information?

    A: Bussinesses located within the city of Johns Creek are required to get a Business License from the City. A Fulton County business license will not be required. Licenses are due no later than March 31, 2007. Applications will be accepted starting on January 1, 2007.

    Alcohol Licenses must be obtained through the city of Johns Creek. All applicants previously licensed in Fulton County will be required to file as new applicants. For information, please contact the Citizen Services Center at 678-512-3200.

    Complete application packets will be delivered during the month of December to all those currently holding an Alcoholic Beverage License through Fulton County and will contain further application instructions.

Advertise with Us | Contact Us

Copyright © 2006 - 2009 Johns Creek Trading, LLC All rights reserved.